Am starting off with a complaint –
1. I just lost a whole long comment I typed up in response to the comments for the earlier post.
It sucks! I typed and hit “publish” and it decides to “vanish” 🙁
Ive been hit with a few other mysterious happenings with blogger and am just a teeny bit hopping mad and sad coz of that. Someone was suggesting WordPress. But then again, it’s a pain to move and I don’t like moving. So we’ll see.
2. Discovered that letting plums sit outside in balmy 80’s weather is good for it. The skin’s tad wrinkled, but the fruit’s juicy and sweet. So yes, am having one now, and it’s delicious!
3. Today was the last day for the year before we share the road with yellow buses and long lines behind them at stops. Last day when the whole house would be empty by 8.30 am latest. Last day I didn’t have to pack lunches, and worry about going home by 5. My work times would change, and life would be a nice little tornado. Juggling school, homeworks, assignments, work, activities, and fights. Seriously, I could give Durga Ma a run for her hands!
4. A little bit of twisted’s rubbed off on me. The dude’s gotten me hooked to stats. Not funny, considering I was in dire need of a hobby while sitting at the desk, and this was like being peeping Tom. Like the movie Disturbia – where the guy’s peeping onto neighbor’s lawns and girls. I feel quite like the voyeur. Voyeurism isn’t bad now, is it?
In any case, it’s a perverse pleasure to know folks like to come back to read the stuff I dole out. By any long shot, this isn’t creative writing. So am guessing poeple just like to know how others lives go?
hey, wait a second, that’s voyeurism too!
So great, we are all in it together. It’s heartening!
5. As an extension, now I’ve facilitated subscribing. Look right.
6. Am enjoying churning posts out. It seems like I can’t just seem to shut up. Is that a bad thing? Sorta lost a confidant over the last week, so blog’s become cathartic, like a backup, like a mute listener. Didn’t realize it would become one, but looks like it has, and well, am not gonna try and change anything anytime soon. Consciously.
7. Dad’s got my mom a Santro car for her 60th birthday. Isn’t that cute? She was so excited, she called me up first thing in the morning [in India] . Buddy at work’s 10th anniversary and they spent 2 days holed up at the Ritz. Spa, massage, the works. She showed off her lingerie to me. Hmm..
The husband emptied the diswasher this morning as I overslept. That counts for something?Baby steps.
8. Work’s off by 1 today. Have a dinner to serve, so I know what I’d be doing, considering I dont have the menu and hence the veggies.
9. Munchkin goes to pre-school on Tuesday. Heart’s a-breaking.
10. The daughter heads to middle school where a kid can break or make is what Ive been told. At open house 2 days ago, I looked short next to half of them, and am 5′ 6″ and I wore heels. The place is huge, mad, crazy and insanely confusing. To me. She seemed unfazed, and very controlled. Thank God.
11. Son’s mighty upset that he’s with a new teacher and he’s got a bunch o uninteresting mates in his class. On trying to console him saying, but hey there are just 20 kids – so that’s good, teacher would give you attention he consoled me “mom, I can get attention when I want and how I want, class size doesn’t matter, friends matter!” – ahem! the dude surely knows what he wants.
12. Munchkin’s becoming atrociously stubborn and quirky. An incident from last evening
Munchkin: Mom, am hungry.
Me: Am making mac n cheese baby, it’s hot, give me 2 minutes. ok?
Munchkin: No, but am hungry.
Me: Ok, how about some OJ?
Munchkin: But mommy, I said am hungry, not thirsty!
Son: Mom, she has her wants and needs in place.
Daughter: Yeah, Santa better be good to her this year.
Enjoy Labor Day weekend everyone!