Am quite sure there have been all kinds of funny, real lists and checklists to find out how addicted you are. To blogging. Most of you know secretly how addicted you really are, but of course we put on a front and continue on like blogging a post was the last thing on our mind while we wake up. See, you’re grinning aren’t you? I know, such cheats we all are. At the rate at which I post, am on top of the line, no worries.
Bloggers Anonymous has this mock list . I got 3 out of 10. Okay, am lying. I can’t tell you the real number in case the couple of people from the real world who read me call the husband and ask for me to be committed. Not that he already doesn’t think so, except that he’d now have sufficient ammunition to do so.
I reprint them and will be bold and will go ahead and tell you which ones, if each of you promise to do so too.
10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
er, no. I do get up in the middle of the night, but it’s mainly for a glass of milk or an apple. I know. Laugh all you want, I can’t sleep if am hungry. 🙁
9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you’re alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then…
I am quite sure he thinks am having an affair. Period. Isn’t he a doll not to care 😉
8. You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
Hmm.. as in write posts in your head? Yes. Totally.
7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can’t watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it’s blog-worthy.
Isn’t #7 and #8 similar? You watch any of the above and then mental blog it before it becomes words no?
6. You suffer from “blog envy” when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer “comment envy” when said post gets 40-something comments – the jerk!
Oh good lord. I am a jerk. Supreme one too. I even commented at Usha’s that I wasn’t getting more comments. Next time remind me not to be so covert about my feelings.
5. You “binge blog” 3 or 4 posts at once—only to feel guilty and empty afterward.
Eh? I don’t get this. Do I write 3-4 posts and then post them or save them as drafts? Can I assume they are drafts, so I can be excused of this? Nope, no guilt and empty feelings. That’s an either or scenario with me. Guilty after consuming half a box of Euro candy in the kitchen, and empty coz well, candy digests fast. Darn things.
Oh Absolutely! hehe. Well, I keep the two apart for obvious reasons. I try to keep the two apart for obvious reasons. Actually, I can’t seem to remember the obvious reasons.
3. You think, “I can stop at any time.”
Oh yes! But of course. Who cares for a blog after all? Right? Right??
2. Your lunch hour has become your “blog hour.” You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.
What? Lunch hour? Why only lunch hour? That’s so not fair to the rest of my 6 (six) hours. *am so rubbing it in ;-p* For me, work is blogspace. ..and yes, of course I work. I get paid for it too!
1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, “So – do you blog?”
No. I can positively, honestly and without a teeny bit of hesitation say that I do not. Remember two worlds?
So it’s your turn, be a sweetheart and tell me, how addicted are you?! More than me right? Please lie? 🙂