Decided I’d do some shameless advertising of my sidebar and all the stuff that’s out there. Especially since Ive noticed no one’s really clicking on any of them, and I’ve put them out there for the very precise reason of “sharing” – a concept that’s clearly going out of fashion I sadly observe. *sniff
The widgets have been shifted around a little bit, I know there’s comfort in constancy, but occasionally juggling them around wakes you up and makes you pay attention to what’s out there too. Here’s a listing:
- Books – A visual of the book am currently reading, and the review of which would be linked again in the page – Books.
- Pages – As is obvious, these are pages that I consciously update by linking to various posts I dish on the main page. They don’t have a feed, so you may want to check occasionally, especially if you aren’t a super regular.
- tweet tweet – The twitter feed, mine and a few friends I follow. Some days the twitters get noisy, some days its silence, but it sure is fun. Join in if you consider yourself a twitterer! Lotsa fun me thinks.
- Feed off these – My g’readers’ latest – 3 posts at a time. I think sharing’s cool. Isn’t it natural that you’d want to share? As in – here, take a look, this is what am reading. Apparently, there are folks who question the need to share as in “why’d anyone else want to read what I do”. That’s besides the point imho. Unless of course you are reading some truly flaming shady material, or maybe such hi-funda stuff that one would imagine no other mortal can get. Ok, getting off my mean horse, perhaps a sensible explanation would be that the person’s private? Ah well, in any case, here’s mine!
Weekly Spotlight – Over the past few days I’ve been reading some of my posts in the archives and trying to get them organized from the haphazard way I’d originally tagged them. If I remember correctly, WP came up with categories later on, but it was just too much of a hassle to re-org it all. What I did want to do was to now read back and see what slots seemed appropriate and then chuck the misnomers and outliers. During the process, I laughed at some memorable posts and then some I’d completely forgotten about, and some that made me feel warm and fuzzy, and then there were some that were so silly, I cringed! Yet again, there were some fair enough ones, as a few made sense on the content and a few on the style and the words and some even by the comments and feedback from the readers. Figured, hey, why not actually dig ’em up and do what comes naturally – share. That would be a weekly exercise, to dig up and present. So watch that space for a blast from the past. .
- Same sentiments as above, just making it a random click, thanks to Adithya, the gradwolf! *updated April 1st*
- Posts folks a-diggin’ – 6 top posts that feature in the stats count in WP, ones folks are either stumbling on from various search engines and/or are actively digging through.
- Wisps: All my tags, the larger the font, the more posts I have on them. Yep, that’s right. Didn’t say they were the best, but there they are.
- Attic Finds: Archives. Pick a month, or choose a tag to dig stuff up. I wish I had a “random post” option in this template, that would be fun, and more like a “tada, surprise!” option.
The rest is same old. There, I feel much better already!