You know how we go through life right? Forever rushing, squeezing in 101 things in the time it takes to do 3, multi-tasking and pretending to be super heroes when we are actually common little beggars, begging for more time to do whatever we want to do before time runs out or our engines do. Living life and our every-days as if they were on loan, which they could very well be philosophically speaking, but no, let’s not go there now.
No time to eat a proper breakfast, no time to return calls, no time to laugh, no time to cut nails, no time to get a haircut, no time to sort photographs, no time to write a to-do list leave alone check it, and so on..
So, I was thinking that Chris Nolan, apart from being the genius behind movies that not just make millions at the box office, but has everyone’s jaw dropping (irrespective of comprehension) and such, has unwittingly stumbled upon the answer to this supreme problem of time. Or maybe he was frustrated himself, and then during one evening when things got to a head between him and his wife managing three kids and careers, the light bulb went off and he says to himself “Eureka!”
(No, don’t believe this whole hogwash of Nolan wanting to explore dream space etc that’s written everywhere, it’s just there for positioning. Yes, I know, the absurdity indeed.)
If you haven’t watched Inception yet, please do, not coz the whole world and their dog has seen it and you’ll be the only one living under the rock and people will point fingers at you and laugh when you do come out, but because, well, as I said earlier, the answer to your ultimate question – I need more time!- lies therein. Just don’t fall for the sci-fi mumbo jumbo. Stay focused the last 45 minutes of the show and you’re home free.
So Nolan comes up with this theory that, as we enter dreams, time slows down.
Let that sink in for a moment. Real life snapshot moment.
Imagine the possibilities and imagine the applications of all those possibilities!
- Imagine the tedious godawful or even challenging tasks that you can now complete stress-free?!
- Imagine the productivity that’s gained from doing things slower?
- Imagine the underdog, the one who’s always at the end of the race, not coz he isn’t smart, he’s just a tad slow, slower compared to the adrenaline charged peers?
- Imagine the moms who want to just enjoy a little more of their babies before they become a selfish bunch of selfish teens?
- Imagine the folks who actually really would want to watch and enjoy a game of ping pong played by the masters, aka the chinese?
- Imagine the basketball games’ timeouts and how 30 seconds can actually be a lot more?
- Imagine the deadlines that we wave bye-bye routinely to, that we actually can get to meet and greet!
Brilliant I say!
You agree don’t you? So, just to please me and let me have my moment of fun, you decide to play along.
You ask: “How?”
I say: “Don’t ask me. Nolan conceptualized it. Go sleep.”
To all the skeptics and sneers making fun of all the dreamers , I have one to thing to say:“Dreamers rock”