mod·est – adj.
- Having or showing a moderate estimation of one’s own talents, abilities, and value.
- Having or proceeding from a disinclination to call attention to oneself; retiring or diffident. See Synonyms at shy1.
- Observing conventional proprieties in speech, behavior, or dress.
- Free from showiness or ostentation; unpretentious. See Synonyms at plain.
- Moderate or limited in size, quantity, or range; not extreme: a modest price; a newspaper with a modest circulation.
Meeting more folks these days that seem to love to tout their horns.
It’s a fine line between being confident and pretentious. But then again what do you do when you have got to market yourself – or the product or talent you have.
It’s like mardi gras 🙂