Going to do a quick cataloging of the quinoa recipes that am making. Decided on a whim (is there any other way I decide you may ask, and you will be justified) that I’ll love quinoa and make an effort in my diet along with the workout that am slowly killing myself under.
You know that thing they say about metabolism slowing down once you hit a certain age, well, in my case it’s come to a grinding sloppy stubborn halt. Yeah, all those experts sure know what they are talking about, so if you are under that brilliant umbrella of 30-40 and are smirking, o you are not gonna smirk long and I can bet my sweet extra pounds on it. So there!
Last night – June 6th – I started this quinoa regime and today I bugged a few folks on twitter and now I probably have recipes to last me through a week. So here’s last night. No pic, so imagine away.
- Soaked quinoa for about 15 minutes and then cooked it. One is to two water ratio.
- In 1 tsp oil, fry jeera, slit green chilli, ginger and garlic.
- Add a little onion, carrot, cherry tomato, and 2 handfuls of greens. (I had a bag of power greens – a mix of baby spinach, kale and chard)
- Saute, add some salt and cover and cook till done.
- Mix the cooked quinoa and vegetable mix.
- Tasted just fine.Had a cup plain and then added in some yogurt at the end.
- Had some leftover and I ate it with some rasam. Pretty yum if I say so myself!
Pinterest, Food blog search and Twitter junta are quite resourceful, so if you are looking, ask and then tweak away.
Tonight, am cooking it in another South-Indian style. Will post later in the evening.