The past week has been rushed in a few different ways (what’s new eh?) and I missed the Thurs posting. Figured just as well shift to Sundays.
Here’s a not-exactly-a-weekly update:
- Yoga on Wednesdays continues to be awesome. Completely killed myself with the stretches, but it’s been worth it.
- Last Friday, I over did the bike and treadmill. I was to have jumped off after 15 minutes on bike (after 15 on treadmill) but met an acquaintance and we started chatting and I biked away to 30 minutes. That hurt the next two days. My quads killed me Sunday night and I decided to rest them a couple of days.
- Ive been on my feet all week. As in continuous standing for ong periods of time. It hasnt been bad at all. It did hurt when I came back home, but it wasn’t to the point that I wailed. (I used to)
- Last Sunday the 15th, I was in DC (on a cold morning) for a photo shoot of a friend and her fiance. From 9 through 1. On my feet. Tuesday was at son’s basketball game, Wednesday was at the daughter’s science fair*which I loved!) and Friday,Saturday was at dance rehearsals, and today I ran on a bowl of cereal at 8 am all through the day, dressing the girls up in costumes. traveling,helping the other students, and then MCing (staying on my feet) the entire dance ballet of 2 plus hours.
- This isn’t a brag post,but the fact that my back didnt hurt as much and my energy levels are up is a good sign. Am not completely there yet, but I’ve made tremendous progress and that makes me happy.
- Haven’t been to the gym all week. That’s not right, but it’s been hard. Monday I start again.
- Breakfast, milk and multivitamin.
- Rice – it’s being hard not eating it. 🙂 Though wheat intake as rotis, and different kinds (tofu, ragi, vegetable mixed in) has increased.
- I really must up fruit intake. Been a bad week for that, coz I am running the kitchen on reserves. No time to shop!
Thought for the week:
ps:If you haven’t visited that site, please do. I’ve done my part and stuck notes around too. It’s fun 🙂
I feel good. I feel like am in control again, physically. I also feel happier and more accomplished with the past week. Over the last 10 days, I have given my time (as I volunteered without expectations) my knowledge and gained some (while at the high school science fair, it’s brilliant. Highly recommend) and I have given happiness (to a young couple in love and ready to be married), I am proud and happy to have been part of a dance production this afternoon, where my voice choked seeing little girls grow in front of my eyes and become such capable versatile dancers. It’s an honor and I am counting my blessings as I write.
Physically, I could not have pulled this heavy long week off six months ago. I just did. I am living and kicking well to say it all.
That’s saying something.
Doesn’t mean I’ve been the perfect girl scout. I have slipped a couple of times, and am not proud of it. They will be fixed. Gym shall resume religiously.