So, am fat fasting, coz Ive been a bad girl and have not been too strict with staying in keto. Who am I kidding? I am not guilty at all, am okay with my indulgence and I refuse to beat myself up about it. The cheats are far and few and very worthy so, all’s well as long as I am firmly back in the saddle and riding high.
Egg fast is one way of dragging your ass back into Keto after an indulgent cheat day. I just cant eat eggs all day. So, the alternative is Fat Fast. Which is really a huge misnomer, coz you aren’t “fasting” but in fact you are “stuffing” your face and body with fat.
No, it isn’t as disgusting as it sounds 🙂 (ok, maybe a wee bit, but hush!)
Why Fat fast?
Once you are Keto-Adapted, sometimes you need a boost if you have stalled, or if you’ve had a cheat day and you want to get back on the wagon, you could do this for 3 days to get you on track. Helps. You lose a few pounds, but it is expected you gain back one or two once you get back to regular Keto diet. Please do read more on links provided!
Click on these –> Egg Fast
and Fat Fast
<– to know the sciences and philosophy behind why and how. (It’s also an Atkins diet original)
What FAT FAST boils down to is to eat about 5-6 meals of 200 calories each OR eat 2 meals of 500 calories each, and with 80% of it coming from Fat, and done only for 3 days max.
The first time I Fat Fasted, I ate tubs of sour cream and eggs the entire 3 days. Ugh! It was HARD. Very Hard.
This time, I got smarter, and am improvising and so smug about it that am sharing!
- 1 cup full-fat hung curd (or greek yogurt)
- 1 cucumber medium size
- 3 green chillies
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- If you need to make hung curds, then take a cup of full-fat curds/yogurt and strain in a muslin cloth or even a tea strainer. Takes an hour or so based on water content. If you are going to use Greek Yogurt, then use as is. Greek yogurt does have some carbs, so keep an eye on that.
- Once the yogurt is drained and thick, remove into a bowl. Chop Cucumber fine or grate but grating would release water, so your call. Grind the 3 green chilies + coriander leaves and cumin seeds into a rough paste.
- Mix the green chilli paste with the cucumber, add salt and mix well.
Add this entire mix to the hung curd/yogurt. Add some more coriander leaves for garnish. Let sit for a few minutes so flavors mingle happily.
- Step into heaven as you lick the entire bowl clean! I kid you not.
Calorie count would be very close to 200 calories as its just the hung curds mainly with another 15-20 for the cucumbers. Once you get the hang of the diet and how much each food group contributes to how many nutrients, it is easy to stay within limits.
Milk does have carbs in it, so I would say it comes close to the breakdown below. But keep in mind that you are allowed some carbs, if you are able to stick to just eating Fat the rest of the day to manage your Macros.