rads – 5
rest of the world – 0
- 8.32 am: Open up inbox to find that the esteemed grand lady of the mountains has condescendingly and grudgingly accepted the fact that the ‘poor technical’ folks aka ME can manage to put together a document in all the legalese-there-is-in-the-world-jargon after all. Aha!
- 8.34 am: Discover an understated “enjoy sweets from Turkey” email from the Turk, who is back! After enough joy has been exhibited by smiling and grinning at the mail, decided to write back a welcome note. Immediately reciprocated by a “Thanks” from him. The reply jolted me in its speed. Nice! ..and then there was a smiley too. Makes me wonder if it is okay to send smileys in official mail? The only one who does and who drives us up all the cube walls is the admin who still thinks she is in high school and is mailing all her facebook buddies.
- 8.45 am: Saunter into the kitchen for a cup o hazelnut coffee and discover the goodies. A huge box of these twisty twirly vermicelli wrapped juicy succulent green thingies. Brings back images of the jungle. Woods. Twigs and bark all twisted together in sweet almond sauce with powdered pistachio clinging onto it. *sigh . Google tells me it is called ‘Kataifi’ and not Baklava as the other desi girl is lecturing away to all who stood crooning over the box, like it was a baby left near the coffee pot!
- 9.20 am: The Turk pays me a visit. I still am not sure if it was the rich taste of the Costa Rican coffee he held in his hand or his bronzen leaner face that made me go dizzy. The sun did the lad well, I must say.
- 3.22 pm: Told the girl who’s been bothering since 2 weeks the heck outa me off. Yea, the shocked expression on her face was reward enough. Nope, no catfights. Just a polite you can go to hell, but this is the way am gonna do henceforth so deal with it ultimatum. Am getting good at this.